Automatic Control of HVAC Equipment in four buildings of the Chinarevskoye Oil and Gas Condensate Field
Nostrum’s current producing asset is the Chinareveskoye field – a 274km square licence block located to the north of Uralsk, near to the Russian border. The Chinarevskoye field has produced more than 100 million boe since 2004. It is positioned in the pre-Caspian basin, which is the location of numerous gas discoveries, including Rozhkovskoye field (developed by Ural Oil & Gas LLP) and three neighbouring licence blocks belonging to Nostrum.
In 2010, AVENCOM was approached by YUNA Company with a request for the procurement, installation and commissioning of HVAC control system equipment in four buildings of the Chinarevskoye oil and gas condensate field. The automatiс control project was executed by AgroRemMash JSC. AVENCOM proposed to change the technical solution and equipped it with a modern control system based on Regin controllers.
The scope of work included:
- Correction of the design;
- Procurement of control equipment and cable products;
- Installation of control system, laying of cable lines;
- Adjustment and commissioning of equipment;
- Bringing HVAC equipment up to design rules;
- Commissioning of systems.
Within the time period stated in the contract, AVENCOM completed almost all the work, but commissioning was delayed until integration testing of the entire plant, since HVAC systems were an integral part of the main technological process. Despite this, all the installed systems have been operated before the official commissioning, as this was required by the construction and installation work of other systems.
A control system for supply and exhaust HVAC equipment was installed and adjusted in four buildings of the Chinarevskoye oil and gas condensate field. The system is configured for gas and fire alarms. The control system automatically performs:
- monitoring and control of supply air;
- freeze protection of water heaters;
- control of fan start-up;
- air damper control;
- control of heat transfer flow-control valves;
- control of circulation pumps;
- room temperature control;
- switching on of standby HVAC units.
Detailed design; Equipment and cable lines installation; First commissioning and testing; Acceptance tests; Commissioning.
Oil & Gas