CCTV for International Contest “Best in Profession”
An international contest “Best in Profession” took place in Atyrau within the Atyrau oil pipeline department of the Western branch of “KazTransOil” JSC. Highly qualified specialists of structural units of the company once again gathered to reveal the secrets of superior craftsmanship of their professions.
44 specialists of the largest oil transportation companies, participating in the International Association of Petroleum Transmitters (MATN) participated in professional skills competitions: Kazakhstan’s “KazTransOil”, Russian “Transneft”, Belarusian “Gomeltransneft Druzhba”, Ukrainian “Ukrtransnaft”, Slovak “Transpetrol”, Hungary and Chinese “CNPC”.
The following requirements were stated to the project team:
- To design Video Surveillance system to meet all customer expectations and requirements;
- To choose equipment based not only on technical specification but also budget limitations;
- To organize uptime procurement, configuration, installation, testing and commissioning of the system;
- To provide technical assistance and operation maintenance during the contest;
- To decommission and deliver equipment to the customer warehouse.
During deployment of Video Surveillance system the full complex of infrastructure building works were implemented:
- Constructing of temporary telescopic masts for video camera fastening installation;
- Construction of floor mounted cable conduits for electrical and telecommunication interconnection;
- Installation of temporary surveillance post for contest jury;
- Deployment of a point-to-point link based on atmospheric optical line equipment (Artolink M1GE-L) for remote site, which were used as Ethernet connection to main company.
Project team excellent achievements are:
- Applied policy of increased reliability / backup of recorded video, as well as ensuring constant and full-time access for members of the contest jury;
- The whole system deployment time was decreased to 45 days which were achieved by strict adherence to procedures prepared in accordance with the best project management practices;
- Due to detailed technical documentation and qualified factory acceptance tests carried out, it was possible to achieve zero failure statistics during system operation.
The result of the project was a system equipped with 49 video cameras, 12 microphones, and 11 jury workstations, 3 centralized points of video data processing, which provided the customer with full recording and storing functionality with fast view of video stream. After the tender, all equipment was successfully dismantled and transferred to the customer’s warehouse.
Design, Procurement, installation, commissioning and operation maintenance of the CCTV system.
Oil & Gas