Pipeline condition monitoring & surveillance system expansion of Kaztransoil Alibekmola – Kenkiyak – Zhanazhol crude oil pipeline
The scope of first phase of the project was commissioned in December 2009 on Oil Pipeline, Kenkyak MOPS – Zhanazhol MOPS section and consisted of one OptaSense interrogator unit, one processing and storage server and two operator workstations. Just the next year of operation the monitoring and surveillance system made it possible to eliminate the illegal tapping on this section.
KazTransOil General Director Nurbol Sultan reported in his interview for RoK Newspaper “Kazakhstanskaya Pravda”:
– In December 2009 we introduced QinetiQ Optasense security system on one of the most criminal for illegal tapping Zhanazhol – Kenkyak Pipeline as a pilot project. You may think 3.5 months is not such a big period for any serious conclusions, however 3 illegal tappings occurred in 2008 and 5 tappings in 2009 for the same period of time. For the whole year of 2008 there were 11 tappings and for 2009 – 9 tappings.
In 2011 the decision to expand the system for the new section Kenkyak MOPS – Zhanazhol MOPS was made.
Scope of work included:
- Site survey;
- Technical engineering solution;
- Detailed technical design;
- Engineering of system documentation;
- Engineering of system configuration;
- Equipment procurement;
- System assembly and FAT;
- Preparation of optical fiber;
- Installation and start up;
- System calibration;
- Customer personnel training.
The new section was successfully integrated and commissioned in November 2011.
Site survey; detailed design; procurement; FAT; preparation of optical fiber; installation and start up; personnel trainings
Oil & Gas