Repair and Recovery of HVAC Control System based on SAUTER Equipment in Main Chemical Laboratory of KPO B.V.
After completion of the project phase II, KPO B.V. now operates the following facilities: the Karachaganak Processing Complex (KPC); the gas and liquids separation and re-injection plant – Unit 2; the gas and liquids separation plant – Unit 3; and the export pipeline Karachaganak-Bolshoi Chagan-Atyrau.
In 2017, as a result of a thorough analysis of the current situation and a properly prepared technical solution, we won a tender for the repair and recovery of HVAC control system based on SAUTER equipment in Main Chemical Laboratory at KPC. Having set ourselves the task of solving this problem qualitatively, we involved a representative of the equipment manufacturer.
The purpose of the given works was to restore the design operability and ensure safety during the system operation.
For successful implementation of the given task, it was necessary to complete:
- Dismantling of failed controllers and modules, installation of new equipment in the control panel;
- Programming of seven Sauter NovaFlex controllers;
- Installation, functionality configuration of the new station NovaNet-Ethernet;
- Integration of the station and controllers through module NovaNet-Ethernet interface moduNet292;
- Setting up the necessary connections, starting the control system into operation;
- Conducting a functional test of HVAC system for the conformity of cause-and-effects, including with imitation of the incoming signals “Fire”, “Gas”;
- Handover of a completed work to the Customer.
Work was carried out without withdrawal the HVAC systems from service.
Updated system was put into operation and control was transferred to the operators through remote monitoring and dispatching system.
Detailed design; Equipment installation; First commissioning and testing; Acceptance tests; Commissioning.
Oil & Gas